[kwlug-disc] Joining wi-fi's?

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 08:31:32 EST 2013

There is a small store in Waterloo. It is off Columbia.
http://www.superpassantenna.com/. They sell High Gain Panel (Fresnel lens) antennae. I have used them up to 19 dBi. This can do the trick a lof of times. If you have a removable antenna,  and the proper LMR end.

If you put a high Gain Antenna like 19dBi, and add it to your router on full blast this could potentially push you over the 1 Watt limit. It has been my experience, that while it is illegal to go over one watt; there seems to be no one checking. I used to have 3 Watts coming out of my router at home, and it worked great, and I could use it faaaar from the house.

If you put it on the router side you will get great signal, it will be faster on the download this way, but I suspect your connection is asynchronous with the downloads 5X faster than uploads.