[kwlug-disc] OT: "No I will not fix your computer."

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 15:35:33 EDT 2013

I read somewhere that the cost of purchasing a Windows PC is only 10% of
the total cost of ownership.

However... we must remember that FOSS isn't free as in beer in a corporate
world.  There are licenses to buy for Linux there.  My rule of thumb is
that if you use the computer to make money, then you should pay the
developers.  If it's just your own computer for learning or playing, then
ok.  But we mustn't think that Linux grows on trees.  Developers need to
eat too!

Despite what MS says, Linux is still far far far cheaper to install and
maintain than Windows.  And it runs a darn sight better!