[kwlug-disc] How do you keep tabs of your GPG, SSH, and SSL keys?

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 11 10:28:19 EDT 2013

I have a similar situation, and have been thinking about this recently too.

I have let more and more of my data be managed in git, so I have been
kicking around whether to try transparent encryption in git itself:
https://github.com/shadowhand/git-encrypt

Or just keeping my git repository on an encrypted store on both the
server and every client.

I also came across the open password file format for
1Password(proprietary OXS app) which might be useful for storing
passwords in git.
http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/03/06/you-have-secrets-we-dont-why-our-data-format-is-public/

And for one more thing that I have looked at but not yet used: Firefox
Sync
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-sync-take-your-bookmarks-and-tabs-with-you

Encrypted everything on the client, but it is probably not useful
outside of Firefox. You can use their service for storing information,
but in theory you can also run your own server.

 >     I use keypass and store private keys in there. It's not elegant
 > but it works.

Their list of plugins look really interesting
http://keepass.info/plugins.html

Andrew