[kwlug-disc] Thunderbird question

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Mar 4 13:58:40 EST 2013

In the account settings there's a "Copies & Folders" for each account.
On that screen there's a setting for "Message Archives".  I thought I
had mine turned off, but I just saw that "Keep message archives in" was
checked.  My messages haven't been going anywhere on their own, though.

Messages are archived by pressing "A", selecting it from the menu
("Message, Archive") or selecting "Archive" from the context menu.  When
archiving is not enabled in "Copies & Folders" then the context menu
selection disappears, and the menu selection is greyed out.  Pressing
"A" doesn't do anything on my computer now that I've turned Archiving
off again.  Maybe you've been pressing "A" accidentally?

Fortunately, in Message Filters there is no specific action to archive a
message, whether or not Archiving is active. Of course, you could have a
rule that moves message to the Archive folder, whether or not Archiving
is active.

--Bob.

SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388
6 James Street, Elmira ON Canada  N3B 1L5  Cell: +1-519-635-9413