[kwlug-disc] Need some advice/assistance on a script

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Jun 18 12:52:46 EDT 2013

Would:

cd <mytopdir>
find . -type d -execdir "mv -fv * <myparentdir>" \;
rm -fr <mytopdir>

do it?

i.e. find the directories, within each found directory, execute the command.

- don't move under topdir, to facilitate rm <mytopdir>
(mv <newdir> <mytopdir> after the fact if useful)

- probably want a v or inquire on that last rm, just in case something
didn't move.