[kwlug-disc] [solved] convert CD collection to Linux media box.

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue Jan 29 15:51:26 EST 2013

Hi,

I recently converted my plastic disc CD collection for use on a full-house
media system.  it's nice to be able to play thematic playlists without
changing discs.  One thing that kept me from this for years was the endless
time ripping the CDs to digital.  The solution, for me, was two-part.
Re-purpose some old hardware, and use some improved software.

I suppose this could be a (short) presentation at a future meeting.  Any
interest?

And secondly, I'm about to re-re-purpose that older hardware.  Let me know
if you want to take advantage of this collection of ripping machines before
they go away.

Best regards,
Richard.