[kwlug-disc] Nexus7/Installation - Ubuntu Wiki

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Fri Jan 11 09:25:48 EST 2013

Interesting.  This will answer the question of just how
close-to-metal(plastic?) the Ubuntu Phone OS is.  From what you say, it
sounds more like an application.

The Ubuntu Nexus 7 image is a standalone firmware image based on the
Android kernel for the Tegra3 processor.  I would be surprised if it ran
on any non-Tegra3  hardware like the Nexus S.  With a pile of work, you
might be able to get it to run on something like this:

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/HTC-One-x-Plus/#specs

I, for one, am looking forward to the unification of the Linux ARM universe.