[kwlug-disc] I need Painfully simple load balancing.

Tue Jan 1 18:09:33 EST 2013

On 2012-12-30, at 2:34 AM, Chamunks Arkturus <chamunks at gmail.com> wrote:
> yeah its a concept thats still pretty alpha its going to be a minigames server but we're hoping to basically use it in such a way that theres multiple types of servers all run under the same domain so we can deploy other vps instances of the same game instantly if we need to.

Minecraft's a pretty "light" protocol bandwidth-wise; A little C server/distributor shouldn't have much trouble with this. I haven't got the experience in other languages but I think something more approachable like Python would also handle dozens if not hundreds of users without issue on modest hardware.

-A.