[kwlug-disc] Question regarding Lenovo G780

143 News 143news at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:51:48 EST 2013

I bought a new Lenovo G780 laptop in November 2012 with the hope of
I have tried several versions of linux,  Fedora18,  Ubuntu 12.04. Mint,
can't remember the version.

What I've found is that none of the versions of Linux directly support
the version of the Broadcom wireless card, the Ethernet card or the
bluetooth.
After searching the internet it appears I am not alone with the
problems.  My last Lenovo laptop worked no problems with Ubuntu 10.04.
So the general question is this does anyone out there have this system
and have all three of these interfaces working.

I been searching in general about bluetooth and linux and it appears
people are having making bluetooth work on Linux in general.
Am I to believe that bluetooth is only supported by Windows??

Dan Hergott