[kwlug-disc] Raspberry Pi

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Thu Dec 19 08:35:06 EST 2013

Craig et al.

Kwartzlab is not set up as a commercial organization (i.e. reseller) and
does not an account with Newark.
Some members have their own accounts with distributors like Newark and
DigiKey. (I do not.)

Though DIYode does buy Raspis in the 100s and for the same item from
Newark they do not get a price break.
Thus there are no synergies available to Kwartzlab KWLUG from DIYode or
to non-members of DIYode.
And there are no benefits any of the above for running a group by
through DIYode.

The idea of coordinating a group buy is not dead yet.
But the holiday season is upon us and it may be better to defer further
discussions until the new year.
Maybe we can pick this idea up at the first KWLUG meeting of 2014.

John Johnson (Kwartzlab)