[kwlug-disc] Raspberry Pi alternatives

jvj at golden.net jvj at golden.net
Thu Dec 12 17:18:42 EST 2013

 FWIW (as I have neither any of the current "Alternatives" or a
 Raspberry Pi)

 Broadly speaking "Alternatives" like the Arduino and the Beagle board
 are intended for embedded development where the Raspberry Pi is a bit
 higher in the food chain as it comes with a Linux OS and a host of
 peripherals with drivers.

 Though there is overlap, the alternatives are intended for a different
 audience / application set than the Raspberry Pi.

 I do have (and have used) manufacturer supplied and 3rd party
 development boards for a number of microprocessors. These had no (or
 limited) peripherals. And this was approx a decade or more ago.

 jsquared