[kwlug-disc] Fwd: Raspberry Pi

Chris Craig kwlug.org at ciotog.net
Wed Dec 11 09:44:10 EST 2013

FYI, we'll see what they have to say ;)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Craig <chris at ciotog.net>
Date: 11 December 2013 09:42
Subject: Raspberry Pi
To: sales at sayal.com

Hello,

I'm a member of KWLUG, a highly active Linux User's Group for the
Kitchener/Waterloo region, and we're having a discussion about the
Raspberry Pi and available vendors.

We noticed that you have the RaspPi 512MB model B available for $54.95:
http://www.sayalhobbies.com/CatalogDetail.asp?link=233392

But the same product can be purchased from Creatron for $39.99:
http://www.creatroninc.com/index.php/raspberry-pi/raspi-001955.html

We'd like to support the local Cambridge Sayal, but >35% (14.96/39.99)
is quite a large price difference. Is there some flexibility in the
price? One of our members is travelling to Toronto soon and has
offered to buy us a bunch of kits from Creatron.

Some members have already purchased from Cana Kit and Newark - had the
price at Sayal been more reasonable, they would likely have bought
locally.

Thanks!