[kwlug-disc] Which vendor for Raspberry Pi kits?

John Kerr johneddie.kerr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 12:58:19 EST 2013

Just for the record, I consider Toronto local (at least compared to some
place outside Ontario).
  $15.00 more, well charge yourself $10.00 an hour at least to travel to
Toronto, gas, parking etc. that $15.00 extra looks pretty good. But if you
are going to the big smoke anyway....

Cheers
John

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Chris Craig <kwlug.org at ciotog.net> wrote:

> The Sayal store on Fountain St in Cambridge is pretty local, and I'd
> say they're "into"
>  hobbyist electronics/computing. Unfortunately their 512MB Raspberry
> Pi (B) is $15 more than Creatron. Maybe they do price matching?
>
> On 10 December 2013 10:33, John Kerr <johneddie.kerr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Richard this is good to know. Better to buy from a local merchant
> who
> > is in this section of computing in a serious way.
> >
> > Between now and Christmas I will be taking a load of clothing to Evangel
> > hall in Toronto. Sometimes a go by myself, sometimes Mary comes with me.
> If
> > I fly solo I am willing to take someone along and we can go to this store
> > after we drop off the clothing. We can meet at #6 and the 401 and go from
> > there.
> >
> > If you are interested send me your phone number. The down side is you may
> > only have a few hours notice and it may or may not happen.
> >
> > johneddie.kerr at gmail.com
> >
> > My raspberry Pi is one of the early 256mb models. It really is limited in
> > what can be done with it. I am pleased to report that it is a great
> editor
> > for Latex documents; Texedit runs great on it and I am using it to
> prepare a
> > lug presentation with the Beamer environment.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > John
> >
> > On Dec 10, 2013 7:05 AM, "Richard Weait" <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> creatron, on College Street In Toronto has Pis and accessories in
> >> stock. So you can touchie-feelie before purchase.  Prices match most
> >> mail order vendors once you consider postage.
> >>
> >> They also have a bunch of other single-boards.  Arduinos, Beagles,
> >> etc. and assorted robot / electronics / automation bits.

Every child born increases by one the group of people Sir Winston Churchill
called the "so many", who owe so much to the group he called the "so few".