[kwlug-disc] What are people using to write HTML with?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Dec 9 23:51:29 EST 2013

Looks like I have some all but standalone .html files to write. I don't
and won't be doing enough of it to remember the 'language' between this
time and the next. What are people using to author .html?

I need to put together a small 'app' (with very small distribution), and
will probably just drop a few .html files into a shared dropbox folder.
(Content is static.)

Being Kubuntu, I use kwrite often enough, and kate, but I've not used
them this way.

Popped into Blue Griffin on my dual-Atom Windows laptop long enough to
see far too slow.

Because I so seldom have to do this, I do like the idea of point and
click for css attributes and stuff. (Seems to me I came across something
called Hot Dog long ago, but I expect there's similarly light weight but
more evolved apps out there now.)

This also ties in with the earlier XML thread in that a substantial
portion of a stylesheet (aside from the XML calls themselves), is html
and css. [Given the lack of 'involved' XML in the stylesheet, an HTML
environment like this may well satisfy for stylesheets too.]

Popped into LibreOffice for a moment to help me through a css hump. Got
what I needed. A little heavy, though.

Being able to pop in javascript (tags / scriptlet outline) won't  hurt,
either. I expect a lot of 'if( attribute && attribute !="") output
attribute' type inserts - whatever that looks like in javascript. (Like
I said, I don't do enough of it to immediately recall the environment /
syntax.)

Suggestions?