[kwlug-disc] XML / XSL / XSD/ XSLT 'development' 'environment' / 'gui'?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Dec 5 15:56:22 EST 2013

On 13-12-05 09:30 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> I was trying to say: think outside the box ...
>
> For example:
> - Is this application the only option out there?

Yes.

> - Does the application offer export into other formats better suited for
> data crunching?

Data crunching is in this application. Publication is what is being sought.

> - If not, are there other third party tools to do that?

Publication tools / the discovery of these 3rd party tools is what I've
asked about here.

> - What do other users of tgat application do?

Asking there too. No solutions / long term problem for that community,
too. Not being a Linux community, asked here. Bit of chicken and egg
here - learning curve. If I knew what I was looking for, I could try to
leverage to the other platform. e.g. From what I've seen, we're not
talking about a simple XML editor. And it's not clear to me that .xsl ==
stylesheets, nor that either term is consistently used. And e.g. xslt
gets thrown out a lot, but doesn't mean there's a nice, multi-input /
-output environment.