[kwlug-disc] Is Truecrypt audited yet?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 4 13:27:06 EST 2013

I really should have posted this before the meeting, but it probably
doesn't matter -- you likely know about it already. But in case you
don't:

http://istruecryptauditedyet.com/

So I use TrueCrypt and I mostly trust it (for no good reason). I think
way more software should have eyeballs examining the code, because
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" only works if there are
eyeballs, and in my opinion too many of us (including myself) are free
riders. So if giving to some IndieGoGo campaign helps an important
piece of software get audited, then I am all for it.

On the other hand, funding the original authors of software is
important too, and it is a little squicky to think that the TrueCrypt
authors may not have seen $45k in donations for their years of hard
work.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org