[kwlug-disc] Linux 'equivalent' to Windows 'start' command.

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Thu Aug 15 13:03:49 EDT 2013

On 13-08-15 11:56 AM, unsolicited wrote:
> Try it.
>
> See if what you get matches what I described as I'm looking for.

But if you also want output to console to automatically be hidden, your
start equivalent is nohup,

Unfortunately, no easy shortcut to open the file browser, you will have
to specify the file browser you want before the .

example nohup caja . or nohup nautilus .

And be aware that nohup also detaches the child process from the
terminal as a parent. (so closing the terminal will not close processes
opened with nohup.)