[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail Release Parties on Thursday, 25 April 2013

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Apr 22 17:11:57 EDT 2013

Hi Everybodeee! This is the week of the Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail
release, and so there are Release Parties:

=====
The KW chapter of Ubuntu Canada is having a release party on Thursday,
25 April 2013 at 7:00pm at the Kwartzlab Makerspace.

There's an IRC meeting from 7:00pm to 8:00pm; the Kwartzlab Radio team
will be recording a podcast at 8:30pm; and there will be a live
installation demonstration on a fancy new Lenovo laptop with UEFI and
SecureBoot. And, of course, there will be cake, deviled eggs, and we may
order out for pizza…

What: KW Raring Ringtail Release Party
When: Thursday, 25 April 2013 7:00pm – 10:00pm EDT
Where: Kwartzlab, 33 Kent Avenue, Kitchener, Ontario (map:
http://osm.org/go/ZXnwY4Db?m )
Online: #ubuntu-ca on Freenode IRC
Registration:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2325-kw-raring-ringtail-release-party/
(Registration is optional, but appreciated)

=====
There is also a Toronto Raring Ringtail Release Party. Join Michael
Kaulbach for a bottomless cup of coffee and free Ubuntu cupcakes!

What: Toronto Raring Ringtail Release Party
When: Thursday, 25 April 2013 8:00pm – 11:00pm EDT
Where: Alio Lounge, 108 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario (map:
http://osm.org/go/ZX6BtMDec--?m )
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2353-toronto-raring-ringtail-release-party/
(Registration is optional, but appreciated)

=====
And there are rumours afoot of a Raring Ringtail Release Party in Guelph
a bit later in the week. More details forthcoming as I unearth them….

If anyone knows of other release parties, please let me know and I'll
add them to the list.

--Bob.

SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388
6 James Street, Elmira ON Canada  N3B 1L5  Cell: +1-519-635-9413