[kwlug-disc] Announce: kwlug Google+ page & kwlug-community Google+ community created.

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Apr 16 03:18:06 EDT 2013

I have created a +kwlug page on google+ for any interested.

An associated +kwlug-community has also been created. Membership will be
limited - for the moment the criteria I'll use is subscription to
kwlug-announce. (kwlug-disc?)

Additional moderators have or will be been added soon for survivability.
If you receive such an invitation, feel free to refuse. If someone else
with google+-fu is interested, please let me know.

When in google+ searching for kwlug should show these - please join
('follow'?) if you feel inclined. I'm guessing not everyone would
appreciate being invited directly as that would be requiring an action
on your part to opt-out, rather than an action being required for opt-in.

What, if anything, will come of this remains to be seen and will be up
to those participating.

I'm sort of thinking of it as a way for the kwlug community to share
their area lives to the extent that they wish, perhaps in ways they
might not think appropriate for this list. I, for one, am always pleased
to see and hear of kwlug'gers doing well in their endeavours.

kwlug'gers be 'good people'.

-----

Suggestions welcome. Yes, goofy front page graphic and too large
(apparently a beef of many since they imposed that change).

Still wrapping my head around google+, but if I understand correctly, in
essence a community is a mutually visible/shared circle, unlike just an
individual or a page - a newcomer joining should be able to dynamically
find and see everyone else already present.

Unlike an individual or page where a circle must be periodically sent if
others are to pick up on changes, and they themselves must then take
action to process those changes.

My guess at the moment is that the page would almost never post -
perhaps only maintenance (?) notices. Presumably those sharing something
with the community (or public) would largely restrict themselves to
items of interest of the K-W area, a LUG, impacts upon those, or news of
themselves. (I'm guessing/groping, on that.)

Comments, thoughts, suggestions, welcome.