[kwlug-disc] Monitoring network spikes (redux?)

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Fri Sep 21 19:24:55 EDT 2012

On 21 Sep 2012 19:06, "Khalid Baheyeldin" <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> The last time I looking into things, this package of OpenWRT looked
useful,
> and I was thinking of getting an OpenWRT supported router and installing
it
> on it, and there you go.
>
> However, new hardware keeps coming up so fast, and current models that
> have discounts on them in the weekly flyers, and all the new features and
> horse power, are seldom supported ...

Just as a note, NCIX has the Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N on sale this week. This
router ships with out-of-the-box support for DD-WRT. As in, provided by
Buffalo. I believe you need to opt-in to the "advanced" firmware during set
up, though.

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=48879&vpn=WHR%2DHP%2DG300N&manufacture=Buffalo&promoid=1265

It looks like it might run openWRT as well. I haven't tried.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#buffalo

I have the very similar WZR-HP-450 and have been quite happy with it.

- Chris Irwin