[kwlug-disc] Zoneminder Ubuntu lts 12.04

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 19 11:46:05 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:34:59AM -0400, Chamunks Arkturus wrote:

> > http://localhost/zm
>
>  in my browser returns a 404.
> I've run into this issue a few times installing web apps via apt never
> knowing exactly where the package has gone exactly or even how to connect
> to it in my browser.
> Is there some way of pulling up where my zoneminder install went?

The key config file will be the /etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf ,
which you created with a symlink using this instruction:

Link Apache to Zoneminder
ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf

Check that file to make sure it is present. I downloaded the package
and looked at it, and you are correct that http://localhost/zm should
be the right location.

When I run into these issues I restart Apache and then look in
/var/log/apache2 to see what errors might have come up when I restart.
Then I visit the webpage and look for clues there.

I know this is really generic advice, but I hope it is not completely
useless.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org