[kwlug-disc] feedback request to shape the November topic

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 13:01:29 EDT 2012

In order to make the topic of Arch Linux more relevant to what people
hope to get out of it, I welcome any input on what people would like
to see focussed on.  I don't imagine a simple walkthru of the
installation is really of that much interest.

Specifically, if people could answer this question:

Why are you (or would you be) interested in using a distro that
requires so much more hands on work to install and configure?

I know that the first answer that will come to mind for most people is
simply to try it, or in order to learn more about how their system
works "under the hood".  And that is a perfectly valid response to my
question.  However, I am more looking for specific applications or
goals that I may be able to address in the discussion.

The presentation probably will include some amount of comparison to
other "hands on" distros I am familiar with.

Brent