[kwlug-disc] OpenSUSE 12.2 out for a month now - thoughts?

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Fri Oct 5 18:42:20 EDT 2012

On 10/05/2012 06:31 PM, William Park wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 05:39:33PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:
>> Anyone played with it?
>>
>> My Kubuntu 12.04 hasn't seemed particularly stable, especially X. Been
>> thinking about OpenSUSE. I know Oksana likes SUSE. Others?
> I have it as VM, along with other distros, because I'm searching for
> alternative to Slackware.  I kind of like Fedora better than OpenSUSE.
> If you need to stick with KDE, I think Mint has KDE variation.

I have almost daily lockups with 12.04 desktop on Ivy Bridge Intel
laptop hardware.  It seems to be a disagreement between Compiz and the
integrated graphics.  Things like tab switches in the browser set it
off.  Stay away for now.

On the other hand, 12.04 desktop on a workstation with AMD graphics runs
flawlessly for weeks on end even with a Windows VM on top of it.