[kwlug-disc] OT - EyeSurf

Gary Walsh gwalsh at notw.ca
Wed May 23 00:54:51 EDT 2012

On 22.05.2012 22:03, Oksana Goertzen wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Sorry to bother everyone again with this question but my parents are
> looking for an ISP and I've sort of settled on either TekSavvy or
> Eyesurf.  The main issue is that they make a fair number of long
> distance calls and it seems like Eyesurf might be the better deal.
> Is anyone using them, and if so - are you happy with their service?
> Do you need an ATA for telephone service?  Otherwise I think we'll go
> with TekSavvy and maybe voip.ms [1] for Unlimitel/Sprint for VOIP
> phone service.

I used them until I moved recently and was very happy with them.
Unfortunately, when I moved to the Stanley Park area, they told me that
they were unable to give good speeds due to the phone lines in the
area,
so I switched to Rogers extreme.  Eyesurf is fast if you are close to
one of the three central offices to which they have fibre connections
(from Fibrenetics).  I didn't use them for voice service.  I use
Callcentric.com for VOIP which I am happy with.

--
Gary