[kwlug-disc] Streaming Media Player for Web TV

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Thu May 3 11:07:49 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 10:51 -0400, Colin Mackay wrote:
> I do this on a daily basis with XMBC, librtmp and the XBMC plugin:
> Canada on Demand.  This is how I 'cut the cord'...

Holy crap, I had no idea someone finally made a Canadian plug-in! Thanks
so much for posting this! my productivity this evening is officially
ruined :-)

> One other thing to consider, is to toss up an antenna and see what you
> can pull in.  From K/W, you should be able to get Global (HD), CTV
> (HD) and CityTV (HD) with an indoor antenna.

CityTV may be difficult to pick up with an indoor antenna, but you
should be able to get TVO (ch28). All day 1080i kids programming plus
nature docs at night is handy if you have kids around.I use my XBMC
machine to PVR off the antenna using mythBackend.