[kwlug-disc] Appgen = MyBooks Professional?

Mon Mar 26 10:03:45 EDT 2012

On 2012-03-26, at 9:10 AM, unsolicited wrote:
> Browsing next month's meeting page, http://kwlug.org/, there is a reference to appgen at http://appgen.com/.
> When I go there, I have no impression that it's FOSS.
> Poking about there, everything seems to point towards MyBooks Professional.
> Earlier list messages talked about appgen as ERP software.
> Can someone square this circle?

I looked at Appgen… wow almost ten years ago now. I was looking at it as a replacement for AccPac and MiSYS, which is what Benshaw was using. At that point in time it was certainly not FOSS. MyBooks also does not appear to be FOSS.

Is there … "accountant grade" software that is multiplatform and OSS? I'm not talking about something to replace the QuickBooks type of stuff for personal and small business, but real industrial grade corporate accounting software that is extensible, has support options and can handle add ons like web stores, inventory, taxes and payroll?

-A.