[kwlug-disc] OT: Dumb VoIP questions

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 22 00:03:22 EDT 2012

Dumb Question 1: How does VoIP work over Rogers? Do they throttle or
do other badness to third party VoIP traffic?

Dumb Question 2: I have a POTS line and a VoIP line, using voip.ms . I
set the Caller ID of the VoIP line to the POTS line. Do I need to sign
up for E911 service on the VoIP line now? I signed up using the VoIP
number, but when I tested the connection by dialing 1-555-555-0911 I
was told that the test failed because the number (which was the Caller
ID number) was not in the database. So I am confused.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org