[kwlug-disc] Android data backups

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Jul 24 15:54:10 EDT 2012

Fair enough, but let's remember that, to Chris' point, those like minded
people here don't constitute a significant enough market to sustain a
handset manufacturer.

We are the fringe, not the mainstream. Sadly.

The majority of people just want to pick up a (new) device, as is, and
get on with their day. Which is why carriers are still able to sell
handsets at price premiums, locked.

Backups? We don't (nor will ever, right?) need no stinkin' ...