[kwlug-disc] Android data backups

3lucid at gmail.com 3lucid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:52:26 EDT 2012

Makes sense. :)

I'll rephrase: Say there are a handful of rootable phones you would consider buying. Say that each of these phones has two price points: locked for price X and unlocked for price UNLOCK_MULTIPLIER * X. (Ignore the illogic of this, assume they are bootloader locked and you expect it'll take 1 year for people to break the bootloader after release of the phone.)

Would you HAPPILY pay the higher price? What if the multiplier was 2 or higher?

Background: working for RIM, I'm looking for evidence to show bosses that we should sell unlocked devices.