[kwlug-disc] Android data backups

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Thu Jul 12 19:35:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 07:22:19PM -0400, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Ignore that man behind the curtain.  Lifesaver2 is not the app I was
> thinking of.  It saves and restores SMS messages and phone logs, not
> contacts.  And Lifesaver2 stores it to the Google App Engine cloud;
> Lifesaver[1] saves to the local SD card.

It was an intereting read nonetheless. :-)

> To make up, I searched the Aptoide repositories and came up with
> something called vCardIO[2]. Haven't used it yet, tho.

Thanks!  Looks closer to what I'm looking for, but it looks like an
app that is installed on the device itself.  Apparently this is the
way Android is built... to access this data, you have be a device-level
program, not a desktop side program.

Am I correct?

Thanks,
- Chris