[kwlug-disc] Software Freedom Day planning

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 10 02:43:11 EDT 2012

So Software Freedom Day is Sept 15 this year (which again conflicts
with the Royal Medieval Faire, thanks for asking). We have had
Software Freedom Day events for the past few years in
Kitchener-Waterloo, either hosted at The Working Centre or at
Kwartzlab.

I don't think that Working Centre has the capacity to shoulder
all of the organizing this year. We might be able to host, but it
takes a fair amount of additional work:

- doing publicity
- organizing and scheduling talks
- preparing swag like CDs/DVDs

So how can we make this happen?

0. We could get a group of organizers together now, who will commit
some time to making this event happen.

1. If it helped, we might think about changing the Saturday to a week
earlier or later. This is no doubt Forbidden, but if it helped us
organize something then it might be worth the heresy.

Would you be able and willing to help? If so, respond to me personally
or build up some excitement by responding to the list. I think a group
of 4-5 dedicated organizers could make the day a real success.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org