[kwlug-disc] OT: Another voip.ms troubleshooting question

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 4 11:06:51 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 10:14:20AM -0400, L.D. Paniak wrote:
> You could try and set 1-1 NAT for your SPA8000.  pfsense can be overly
> zealous about protecting your local network.

Oh! This might work! I have been bitten by this before. It doesn't
explain why Unlimitel would be working and voip.ms not, but if it
works then I won't question it.

I have enabled 1-1 NAT. Now it's time to keep my fingers crossed.

> Ideally, the SPA box would be out in front of any NAT device, directly
> on the public network.

Maybe I could make that happen, but I worry. I think I have had
troubles putting networks behind the SPA in the past, but I could just
be making things up.

- Paul