[kwlug-disc] Private Cloud

Chris Bruner cbruner at quadro.net
Fri Jan 20 19:34:54 EST 2012

On 1/19/2012 10:35 AM, Kiwi Ssennyonjo wrote:
> What do you want in a private cloud?

I think a cloud would be useful for high processing things. For example,
voice recognition.  Where someone says something into a computer, the
wave is sent to the cloud to be analyzed and the text sent back, along
with possible other data values (semantic meanings,  previous
conversation references).
Another use would be object recognition. The cloud uses it's high CPU
count to check images against known objects and sends back the name of
the item. Possibly personalized per user. (Kiwi's pillow).

Google has been working on both this technologies which I think is
pretty cool.

As for storage. I'll keep open source projects on the web; personal
stuff, not so much.

--
Chris Bruner