[kwlug-disc] Scripting in Linux and unit.d

Colin K colin at void11.com
Tue Jan 10 11:54:42 EST 2012

Thanks john i was thinking of some kind of ugly grep thing that would pull
out the lines that start with
[SEVERE] and dump them into a file worst case but this could certainly do
me a solid favor.  I would like to be able to seperate the server stuff
from the user related things too but that might be a bit more complex
filtration.
The directory structure goes something like this
/ServerRoot/Server.log
Than
/ServerRoot/Plugins/PluginConfigurationDir/pluginspecifics.yml
If i could split the server.log to dump
[SEVERS] into a /ServerRoot/Important.log
the player stuff into /ServerRoot/Users.log
the users stuff would have to probably detect a username and add it to a
filter dynamically to automatically filter usernames and dump anything
containing that kind of string into Users.log
and finally possibly.
/ServerRoot/plugins/PluginFolder/Plugin.log

This would be quite an elegant solution if at all possible but I will look
into seeing how much of this i can do myself once i get home.  But i like
good logs and i cannot lie. :D