[kwlug-disc] Python Scripting - a new KW group

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat Feb 11 16:57:03 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Giles Malet <gdmalet+kwlug at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there interest in learning Python within the ranks of KWLUG?
[ ... ]
> "Waterloo Region Python Group
> Drinks on February 9th, 2012 7:00pm at Death Valley's Little Brother"

That watpy organizational meeting was held on Thursday and an
interesting group of folks turned up.  It was good to see some faces I
recognize as well as some that were new to me.  The highlights of the
meeting for me were:
- good group, about 15 in attendance even though it was "just organizational."
- nice mix of those wanting to learn and those hoping to lead / share / teach.
- Goal: next meeting, a "real" meeting in March. TBA.
- Goal: sort out a venue / venues for events. TBA.
- Goal: irc channel. Done.  #watpy on freenode
- Goal: watpy "announce" list. Done.  See watpy.ca
- Goal: watpy discussion list. TBA

Looking forward to it.  Those with overlapping interests should have a peek.

Best regards,
Richard