[kwlug-disc] Raspberry PI - An ARM GNU/Linux box for $25. Take a byte!

jvj at golden.net jvj at golden.net
Wed Feb 8 15:34:56 EST 2012

Developed in UK!
The non-hi def TV Format may be an issue.

I did a
quick check in the FAQs & Forum for TV format, e.g. PAL vs NTSC.
an open question - unless its buried in there.

SUBJECT: [kwlug-disc] Raspberry PI - An ARM
GNU/Linux box for $25. Take a byte!
DATE: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 06:46:23
FROM: "Herman Gruetzmacher"
TO: "KWLUG discussion"
KWLUG discussion

Interesting product being developed in the UK
called Raspberry PI I though I would share with the group

http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs [1]

The Raspberry Pi is a
credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It's
a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your
desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also
plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by kids all
over the world to learn programming

February 20th is the date they are
claiming to have the first units completed by their manufacturing in

[1] http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs