[kwlug-disc] Linux friendly "shared" storage option

Tudor Holton tudor at tudorholton.com
Tue Feb 7 09:20:38 EST 2012

Bah.  Sorry.

Symform came to me when they began to support QNAP devices.  QNAP's
compiling OS is Linux and all the supporting packages are Linux-based,
albeit with a different packaging format "qpkg".

So technically they don't "support" Linux, because it only runs on their
version of Linux and doesn't yet come in a neat debian/redhat/etc
package or work on x64.

However, to me it seemed trivial to get the source package or open their
qpkg and use the binary.

Of course, your mileage may vary.   Maybe talk the the guys at symform.
They're very friendly!

Cheers,
Tudor.