[kwlug-disc] I need Painfully simple load balancing.

Sat Dec 29 10:24:02 EST 2012

On 2012-12-26, at 2:14 AM, Chamunks Arkturus <chamunks at gmail.com> wrote:
> This game is not really meant to do this.  Im trying to reduce the need to have many different server addresses and just let automagic play where you get routed to the appropriate server.

You could do this with a listener on 25565 that talks the normal minecraft protocol; it can see who is trying to log on, query the db and either try to redirect or otherwise marshall the traffic between the user and the selected minecraft server.

I'm not sure how well this would work for gameplay, though. I run a minecraft server for my kids and their friends, and when they log on they all want to play together; if you threw one of them off into another server they wouldn't be playing with their friends.

-A.