[kwlug-disc] Software Freedom Day planning

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Aug 12 18:17:15 EDT 2012

I also told Charles as last week's Ubuntu Hour that I'd help out.  Last
year I tried to show Linux and LibreOffice basics, but it was too much
for a one-hour presentation (too much audience participation for a mere
one hour!).  I can do something like that again this year, either Linux
Basics or LibreOffice Basics. Or both, but as separate presentations.
Or securing Firefox with Open Source plugins.

Perhaps we could have the Floss Fund pot available, contributions to
offset The Working Centre's costs in putting on SFD.

Also, it looks like there is no Kitchener page on the participants list
yet: http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/CategoryTeam2012

--Bob.