[kwlug-disc] Android SIP Softphone

Chamunks Arkturus chamunks at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 13:43:22 EDT 2012

CsipSimple seems to be the ap of choice by most of the people mentioning
softphones here.  I use it and it works great plus it records calls if you
like also.  I'm simply using the Voip.ms virtual pbx though and it seems
decent.  Though as of late I've just setup my Voip.ms pbx as a DISA number
on my cellphone provider's *MyTen so i just get north american calls at a
flatrate.  I've setup my droid with an auto prefix dialer app to make that
possible automatically so no need to remember things.

But CSipSimple seems to be the standard decent softphone the only issue
you're going to want to handle of course is resolve the IP for the pbx dont
use domains because then you're relying on DNS and you don't know if the
wifi access point you'll be using will be filtering SIP traffic either.  So
good luck.