[kwlug-disc] Media Center Remote + IR Dongle for LIRC

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:49:30 EDT 2012

Good Day LUG,

It's been a while since I built an HTPC and my original Hauppauge card
came with an MCE remote and a nice USB iR receiver.  I am building a
second HTPC with Myth and XBMC and for the life of me I cannot find a
USB iR dongle, or even an MCE remote + dongle kit.  I cannot take it
from my old set up as this is for a second TV.

Not that long ago, I recall a plethora of them out there on the web
and even in stores like Best Buy.

I've been unable to find anything at Canada Computers or the big box stores.

Anyone out there in LUG land know where I can get a LIRC compatible
USB iR dongle, preferably locally?