[kwlug-disc] command line wireless configuration

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 22:42:56 EDT 2012

iwconfig is for WEP If that's what you need:

iwconfig wlan0 essid xxxx channel xx key xxxxxxxxx
dhcpcd -t 5 -d wlan0

(or)

dhclient wlan0

But I'm sure you'd like to use the wpa supplicant.

Look here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WPAHowTo

DHCP is independent of how you connect, wired or wireless.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx