[kwlug-disc] Android Users Help!

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Apr 7 00:39:50 EDT 2012

Interesting. Didn't know that. (Don't have Android, but keep getting
asked about it.)

So, references to 'data' have nothing to do with 'using data' (i.e. not
just voice / call? Or rather, data does not mean using 'bytes', e.g.
internet?) Assuming wi-fi is turned on (and available), and data turned
off, internet browsing is still possible? 'Data' is really just turning
a 'byte conduit' on when outside of wi-fi range (and uses the cellular
data side of things)?

Assuming data is on, and wi-fi turned on and active, will the phone
prefer the 'wi-fi' 'byte conduit' over the 'data' (cellular) 'byte conduit'?

Are there any good links to explanation on this sort of thing?

TIA!