[kwlug-disc] Switch between monitors

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Apr 5 13:52:16 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:27, Andrew Kohlsmith (mailing lists account)
<aklists at mixdown.ca> wrote:
> On 2012-04-05, at 11:19 AM, Chris Irwin wrote:
>> I wish I could use xrandr. Nvidia laptop, so xrandr doesn't work with
>> the closed drivers, and nouveau isn't quite there yet.
>
> That must be why I was getting a weird error trying to rotate the one screen. I can put RandRRotation in the xorg.conf to do it but was getting a really screwy error (and now I'm getting "RandR extension missing" when I try to do it.
>
> I didn't even think that the closed-source nVidia driver wouldn't support it.

Interestingly, even with nvidia's proprietary tools, and manually
configuring with xorg.conf, it is NOT POSSIBLE to rotate only one
output while using the nvidia driver. You can rotate both, or neither.
Not one.

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>