[kwlug-disc] WIND is in K-W?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Sep 22 17:19:43 EDT 2011

Buy a handset from WIND, and after three months they'll unlock it for you so you can take it to a different carrier.  But if you buy a handset from another carrier you'll have to find your own unlocking service, and it's likely that others' phones won't work on WIND since their network uses UTMS and requires compatible radios.  Without the right radio hardware you'd be roaming constantly, so that's no benefit.

--Bob.