[kwlug-disc] WIND is in K-W? [Was: Re: Windows 8 OEM specs mayblock Linux booting]

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Sep 21 22:01:18 EDT 2011

Thanks - your note made me look this up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_Mobile

Wind Mobile (styled as WIND) is a Canadian wireless telecommunications
provider operated by Globalive Communications Corporation. The company
initially launched mobile data and voice services in Toronto on
December 16, 2009 and two days later in Calgary.[2] Wind expanded
their network to include Edmonton on February 26, 2010, Ottawa on
March 27, 2010, metropolitan Vancouver on June 3, 2010, and the
Kitchener-Waterloo area on August 16, 2011. As of June 2011[update],
Wind Mobile has 317,000 active subscribers Canada-wide.[3][4]

So ... Wind has been in K-W for about a month now. Interesting.