[kwlug-disc] Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 17:07:54 EDT 2011

I hope it was properly conveyed that "It's our own fault" was tonge in cheek.

But remember that for most people "PC" means Windows thanks to the cleaver MS marketing and if you convince them that you are selling them a "more secure PC" they may very well buy it.

We know that having the ability to boot from CD is a big advantage for support purposes but the users may be easlily scared into thinking that it is a security hole.

If the users (clients) are convinced, then the HW vendors will be forced by the market to provide that level of "security".

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx