[kwlug-disc] Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:39:36 EDT 2011

There is no intent to blame the hardware makers.  Forcing a company to
comply with competition limiting demands under the threat of your
entire product line becoming obsolete is the closest thing the
corporate world has to terrorism.

And really, how many generations of new hardware that is locked to
proprietary operating systems have to come and go before the "Linux
runs on old hardware" argument wears thin?

Brent