[kwlug-disc] Backing up DVDs in Canada

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Sep 16 17:10:16 EDT 2011

Going back to Paul's original question, a clarification:

I read Paul's question as asking about the current situation.
[So, back up your DVD's before any new laws come in?]

Most of the responses have been about the proposed legislation.
(This is not bad, and I'm glad to read it, that's just now how I read
Paul's question.)

Russell's response below seems to me to be addressing the current
situation. But might be addressing the proposed situation.

So ... which is what? (current/proposed?)

[And ... if various things are not permitted before/after, what was
with the whole VCR thing for off-line recording, that, at least, the
cable companies encouraged / showed in their hookup diagrams.
Published BY the cable company, itself, even.]