[kwlug-disc] Speaker needed for November

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 00:11:28 EDT 2011

Hey, I haven't seen any volunteers for November.

If there is interest from the group I volunteer "Batch video editing from the command line"

GUI Video editors are great for one-offs but very time comsuming when you need to repeat the same video process to multiple videos.

There are several very powerful free software command line utilities that can be used for scripting those repetitive tasks.

I started investigating using them to edit my presentation videos consistently and, althogh I found that the learning curve is steep, one can start with cookie cutter recipies and evolve from there.

In this presentation I will go through some of those recipies using mainly mencoder, ffmpeg, imageMagick and a few other tools I've found along the way.

Hopefully at the end of the presentation you'll go home, extend and improve those recipies and share them back with us.

"

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices